It’s been a long year. (People have always said that time flies as you get older, and I had started to see time speeding up a bit in my late teens and early twenties. Then 2018 and 2019 came along and set me back, so I guess I’ll have to start over. But I digress…) It’s been a kinda hard year in some ways, and I’ve hardly had a grateful heart every day.
But I am grateful to be alive, abiding under the shadow of the One who holds my breath in His hands.
And to list some specifics, I am thankful this year for
- My book published! A dream come true.
- A church I love.
- Cool opportunities to sing with my church choir outside the church walls.
- The fact that Middle Tennessee is finally feeling like home.
- A vacation in the Smoky Mountains, our first since the fire in 2016.
- A visit to St. Augustine Florida.
- Fun movies. I’ve acquired a couple new favorites this year.
- Sleep. (Don’t worry: I’m not becoming a grown-up. Just an adult.)
- Two of the best sisters a girl could ask for.
- Friends who actually seem to love this slightly crazy writer.
- The Word of God, without which I wither in a very painful way.
- The fact that God does meet me where I am, and loves me unconditionally.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!