I’m gonna try to keep this short and sweet. (Here’s where you roll your eyes at the idea of me writing anything short.)
In semi-random order, I am thankful for…
- …the stunning truth that the Creator of the galaxies considers me someone worth dying for.
- …my priceless relationships with friends and family. I may be an introvert and a writer, but friends that exist only on paper and in imagination don’t really compare to friends who breathe the same air I do.
- …grace. From God, from my family, from random strangers. I make mistakes. I need grace.
- …the necessities: food and clothing. I also have a warm home, hot water, a car, modern conveniences, technology, and a host of other things. Maybe if I didn’t have these I could justify my complaining. As it is, I have no reason to complain.
- …language, written and spoken. Communication through language is an awesome gift from God that I usually take for granted. And it would leave a huge hole if it suddenly disappeared.
- …the Bible. I don’t know how I’d live without this Book. And it’s in my mother tongue. Invaluable.
- …that I can write. Even if no one else reads it, writing is a deep source of joy to me.
- …beauty in nature. God didn’t have to make the world pretty. But, oh, didn’t He?
- …rest. Sometimes I need it desperately, and it is sweet.
- …music. Music affects the soul in a way words can’t. Which makes it far more powerful than we think.
- …health. So many don’t have it, and I’ll enjoy it as long as it’s mine.
Under three hundred words. 🙂